BREAKING: FG denies generating ‘no-fly list’ for #EndSARS protesters


The Federal Government has rebuffed a story that it has generated a ‘no-fly list’ of youths who participated in the recent #EndSARS protests.

In a tweet on Tuesday, the Federal Ministry of Interior described such a report as fake news, urging Nigerian to ignore such news.

The tweet reads: “The Ministry of Interior did not, has not and will not generate any no-fly list. Ignore fake news, please!”

This development follows a report that one of the #EndSARS campaigners, Modupe Odele was on Monday stopped from traveling out of the county by officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service.

In a newsletter released on Monday, Odele, a lawyer, and human rights activist said the NIS officials stopped her from traveling to the Maldives to celebrate her birthday.

According to her, she was detained while her passport was seized by the officers and was made to miss her flight. Odele said that she had been able to identify the security agency that put her on the watch list, adding that she would be returning there on Tuesday.

Odele noted that during the protest, she offered free legal aid to persons who were unjustly arrested by men of the Nigeria Police Force.

Standard News learned that the action of the immigration was taken because of her alleged role in the #EndSARS protests.

Post a Comment

0 Comments